Now this is a genius idea I came up with to use up our leftovers from the super bowl. We had quite a bit of buffalo chicken dip left and instead of eating it dip style I decided to put it into egg rolls! They came out fantastic and was a fun idea for dinner. I’ll include my favorite buffalo chicken dip recipe as well in case you want to just make these from scratch as a fun and different appetizer!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast (or approx 2-3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing ( Hidden Valley, Kraft, or Wishbone)
- 1 cup of Franks Original Red Hot (do not substitute this please)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (do not use fat free, 1/3rd less fat OK)
- 1 package of fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- Green onions (optional)
- Boil your chicken breasts on the stove in a medium to large sauce pan, on medium heat about 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through and pre heat your oven to 350 F
- While the chicken is boiling cut the cold cream cheese into cubes and place them into an 11.5″ x 8″ x 2″ Pyrex style baking dish lightly misted with buttered flavor Pam.
- Evenly sprinkle the fancy shredded cheese on top of the cream cheese cubes.
- Pour the 1 cup of ranch and the 1 cup of Franks Red Hot on top of the cheesy mixture and place the dish into the oven uncovered for 7 to 10 minutes
- You will want to stir the mixture after about 7 to 10 minutes and put it back in the oven and bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes and stir until mixture and cream cheese is well mixed together.
- While the mixture is baking and your chicken is done boiling you will want to shred your chicken. The best way to do this is by putting the pan into the sink and running cold water over the chicken to speed up the process, once cooled you may hand shred the chicken into a bowl
- After the cheesy mixture is done baking and mixed together well you may now add the chicken, simply pour the chicken on top of the mixture, carefully stir the mixture well and cover with aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once baked you can carefully pour into your serving bowl, garnish with green onion and celery and enjoy!
BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLL RECIPE
- 1 Package of refrigerated egg roll wraps (I found them near the lettuce in the produce section)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Little dish with warm water
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping
- Depending on how much dip you have, this will determine how many egg rolls you can make. I had about 2 cups of dip left over, so it made about 10 egg rolls!
- Lay the egg roll wrap on the counter, fill the inside with buffalo chicken dip, I put about 3 large tablespoons worth in each wrap.
- Fold the bottom up and the sides in, then take a little warm water on your finger and brush it along the edges of the top of the wrap and fold down.
- Bake in the oven or airfry on 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- I put the broiler on in my oven for the last 5 minutes so that they got extra crispy on top!
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing