Now that spring is FINALLY here its time to switch up meals, no more soups and stews…bring on the salads! I absolutely love a good spring salad. I love loading salads up with nuts and fruits. So when I was at the grocery store and I saw that the strawberries were on sale I was in my heaven. Also I found my new favorite salad dressing, I was looking for a new one that is healthy because I usually make my own and this one is amazing and I highly recommend it to everyone! I’m going to share with you the salad that I made last night and the spring salad that will be my go to all season long. The Grilled Chicken Strawberry Pear Goat Cheese Salad.
Spices for Chicken
Toasted Almond Slices
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Champagne Pear Vinaigrette
1. Put the chicken on a baking pan, and put olive oil on the chicken breasts then sprinkle on your favorite spices, I used mixed up salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. I get the thinly sliced chicken because I think that it cooks better and I like chicken very thin so I only have to cook it about 7-8 minutes a side or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
2. Place the baby spinach into a salad spinner and clean it really well then repeat with the mixed greens. I like to have a variety of lettuce so I use some of both!
3. Cut up the pear into really thin slices and then in half so the pieces aren’t too big to eat and spread them over the lettuce. Next cut up the strawberries into thin slices and spread those over the salad.
4. The chicken should be done now so I cut it up into bite sized pieces and sprinkle that all over the salad.
5. Lastly I spread the toasted almond slices that I buy pre cut and toasted over the salad along with the goat cheese crumble which I also buy in a pre-crumbled package.
6. Pour some of the champagne pear vinaigrette dressing over the top and Voila! you are ready to enjoy!
Pro Tip: Make enough so that you can make one for lunch the next day and assemble it as you are assembling yours for dinner. It saves time and gives you a delicious salad that is ready to go for the next day!
P.S. I’m thinking that these Kate Spade cutting boards would make cooking so much more fun! Also I am crushing on these Kate Spade Plates.If you haven’t checked out her new kitchen collection I would because it is seriously amazing! I think that every single item from that line is on my future kitchen wish list!